restoring wellbeing through
Contact 7th Suicide Prevention – What works?
Friday, 1 September 2017
Thursday 16th November, Titanic Centre, Belfast
9.30am – 4.30pm – £50 fee
Contact’s Annual Suicide Prevention Conference has become synonymous with attracting leading local, national and international influencers, researchers, and health care professionals within the field of suicide prevention.
This year’s What Works? conference reflects on ‘Stories Seldom Told… Voices Seldom Heard’ in our campaign to safeguard against suicide as a preventable harm.
– Key Note: Rt. Hon. Norman Lamb MP (ex–UK Health Minister) reflects on personal suicide bereavement, supporting the call for a Zero Suicide mindset
– School Principals discuss compassionate, disciplined leadership – towards college community resilience following student suicides
– What young people say about suicide & social media – a PhD study report
– Screening of ‘RESILIENCE’ – the documentary that delves into the lifelong effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on health and behaviour
– Seldom Heard Voices – insights from colleagues who have survived aggression related trauma adversity to providing compassionate, competent support
– Implications of ACEs for safeguarding against suicide – What Works?
– Bereaved parents and family voices will again feature strongly throughout the conference
Conference fee of £50 includes all tea/coffee breaks & lunch
To request a booking form for post–conference invoicing, email email@example.com asap.
For all conference delegate and exhibitor enquiries, please phone Joey Murray on 02890 744499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org