The Voices of Hope was established in 2014. Its founders are Genevieve Mora and Jazz Thornton. They are both mental disease survivors. They felt the need to use the prior experiences for making content to aware people and bring some changes in this sphere of life. They start filming videos that underline mental health issues as well as creating blog posts on different subjects. Since the launch of Voices of Hope, the content has got both domestic and global acknowledgement. It has caught the attention of companies with the desire to keep their opinion upon this issue.
The objective of The Voices Of Hope is to create and set changes in the mental health sphere. They help bring hope through the voices of those with have had previous experience. Through advocacy, campaigning and story-telling, Voices Of Hope works out strategy and content with the aim to affect global, communal and individual approaches to mental health.
- The Forgotten Few;
- The Kind Project;
- Choose to Fight;
- I Choose Hope;
- To My Younger Self;
- Speak Your Mind;
- Eating Disorders;
- It’s Not Weak to Speak.
- SPARX: Online e-therapy tool;
- Depression.org.nz: or 0800 111 757;
- Depression Helpline- 0800 111 757 or free text 4202;
- Youthline: 0800 376 633 or free text 234 – Provides 24-hour telephone and text counselling services for young people;
- Tautoko: 0508 828 865 – provides support, information and resources to people at risk of suicide, and their family, whanau and friends;
- Healthline – 0800 611 116.